Sunday, March 18, 2012

Good good good

Sunday: Run (fast; 6km). Strength exercises.
Monday: Yoga (90 mins). Strength exercises.
Tuesday: Spin (1 hr). Strength exercises.
Wednesday: Run (slow; 40 mins).
Thursday: Spin/weights (45 mins). Strength exercises.
Friday: Physio (1 hr). Run (slow, with daughter, 3.6km). Strength exercises.
Saturday: Yoga (1 hr). Run (5.6km, medium). Half of my strength exercises.
Sunday: Run (7.9km, fast/medium).

My run today (Sunday) was longer than I've done in awhile. And I felt it. But what I didn't feel was injured. My physio has taped my SI joint on my left side, and I haven't had pain in my left leg since. I can also feel my glutes kicking in on my runs. Even my right leg hamstring/IT band pain did not flare today. All that flared was a feeling of being so unfit compared to just a few months ago! It was hard. But maybe I can add on a little more distance and a little more distance and gradually work my way back to real long-distance fitness. Will it be harder or easier to do it, having done it before? There isn't the same sense of discovery as the first time; but then again, there is a sense of yes, I can do this! I was just grateful I didn't hurt myself while running rather further than planned today.

No comments: