Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 62: Good

I had such a good run in the chilly rain on Saturday morning. It was not what I felt like doing, so my husband said, well, why don't you just skip it, then? And I said, if I skipped every time I didn't feel like it, I'd never go. Ever. (Not true of yoga class, however, which I actually look forward to attending, most of the time). Anyway. Put on my CBC Radio 3 downloaded podcast, to keep me up to date on the Canadian indie scene, and got a kick out of hearing a piece about my siblings' band, Kidstreet, at about one kilometre in. I ran a few hills, took a route that is approximately 8km. Nearing home, I realized it had been such a happy run. It felt easy. I wasn't pressed for time, or trying to beat a record, or go further than usual, or anything extra. I was just running and enjoying it. At the end of the run, my conclusion was that I am, in fact, in better shape than I was at the beginning of this project.

And that maybe it doesn't matter excessively to me. I just want to stay fit, and enjoy myself while I'm doing it.

Today, I was off to a 60 minute yoga class that felt easy-ish, though the instructor pushed us hard, which I appreciated. I am scheduling in two more yoga classes this week, and two more runs. It feels good to feel good.

No comments: