Thursday, November 17, 2011

Just because I'm not writing ...

... doesn't mean I haven't been doing anything. But I haven't been noting it down. I guess with nothing pressing to train for, it seems less important to remark on my regular work-outs. This week I've gotten up early three mornings out of four (of course, this morning, the one I had for sleeping in until 7, my three-year-old decided to wake up screaming at 6:30, which he never ever does except for mornings when I'm sleeping in. Seriously.)

Anyway ... Monday I swam. It had been awhile since I'd been in the pool, and I only went about 2000m. Probably ever so slightly more. I was having trouble keeping count. I should really swim twice weekly to maintain my fitness and comfort in the pool, but that would have been this morning, and I was sleeping in this morning, remember!

I also went to a fun 90-minute hot yoga class on Monday evening. It was a flow class, lots of downward dogs and leg-work. My thighs stood up to it better than expected. Also lots of arm-work on the floor, which I appreciated.

Tuesday was spin. It was a tough class. I realized that there was no way I felt like going to the running club that evening. No way.

So I got up and ran on Wednesday morning with my friend instead. I probably couldn't keep doing the Wed. run if I added in a Tues/Thurs running club outing. So I'm really feeling torn and conflicted. I guess I could keep the Wed. run no matter what. It's pretty slow and easy, more of an opportunity for a conversation than a work-out. But I'm wondering whether the running club is remotely feasible. I haven't been able to stick consistently to any evening program with set times. My schedule is just too variable with all these kids. And I'm often worn out by evening. Early mornings are the best for a consistent practice.

I can't make it to the running club tonight due to teacher interviews.

Will I attempt to go on Sunday morning after spending both Friday and Saturday evenings in happy socializing, as planned??? I just don't know. It's a $300 commitment for the year, which isn't enormous given what a lot of things cost, but it isn't nothing, and I really need to know that I can commit before committing.

Today is an off day. I could have gotten up early to do something, but ... I didn't. May get up for an early yoga class tomorrow morning. And may try running in the dark tomorrow eve while my daughter's at soccer. Why not. I do love running. And then, maybe maybe maybe (probably not) Sunday running club. Hm.

No comments: