Friday, November 25, 2011

Ow.

So .... my sciatic nerve was bothering me when I was running last night. It's been bothering me for the past week, nothing major, just twinges. But on the run home from the park it definitely seemed more pronounced. And by "it" I mean the pain.

And then it woke me up in the night.

And this morning I couldn't bend over to touch my toes (I am usually quite flexible.) I tried doing a few sun salutations to get the muscle loosened up but it just hurt. My husband the kinesiologist looked up some info and recommended some stretches. These are all familiar yoga-type stretches, easy to do. I took some ibuprofen. I am sitting on an ice pack.

Maybe I'm too damn old to be pushing myself??? The mind is willing but the body is weak??

I plan to do nothing but rest today, and stretch a bit. I could rest tomorrow too. And then try the running club on Sunday morning. I will have to ask my body what it thinks. I dreamed about the running club all night. I really want to join.

No comments: