Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 155: New

Nothing new, actually. But it's a new year. I remain indecisive about how strongly to commit myself to triathlon training. Nevertheless, I continue to exercise and stay fit. Over the holidays, I was not able to squeeze in four exercise sessions each week, but when I counted it up, I hadn't slipped as much as I'd assumed: I did exercise five times, including a long run last week. I've started this week with two early morning yoga classes, and intend to bump my fitness back up by exercising daily for the next two weeks (or nearly daily, as the case may be).

I went to a massage therapist on my birthday, which was on December 29th, and as it happens, she is also a personal trainer and a triathlete and marathoner. But it didn't feel like the universe was ringing a big gong. I mentioned my interest in doing a triathlon and she encouraged me to do a try-a-tri. I like that idea. It's not a long race, and it wouldn't impress any Ironman athletes, but it would be a start. I'm going to run some dates past my husband and sign up early.

3 comments:

Tricia Orchard said...

That's a great way to do it.

I think you are wrong about not impressing any Ironman athletes. They all had to start somewhere too, right?

I am impressed! :)

Carrie Snyder said...

I still haven't signed up, Tricia ... but will report when I do. I've got a date in mind: June.

Maybe I will sign up for your Toad run, too. How early does sign-up happen?

Tricia Orchard said...

Believe it or not, I think you can sign up already! Just google The Run for The Toad and you will find it.

T