Monday, January 9, 2012

Week past, week ahead

Last week: three runs (total of 40+km); two swims (total of 5500km); one yoga class; on spin class. Sounds like not much, but adds up to something every day and no days off. Hm. Can I keep up the pace?

This week I started with a swim this morning, and went 2700m. I would have gone the full 3000, but ran out of time. My husband and daughter (and sometimes my son) swim after I do, but need to get there and back in time for breakfast and school. I was off my pace of last Thursday anyway, by about two minutes. It would have taken me 64 minutes to complete 3000m, which is going the wrong direction as far as I'm concerned. I did not feel tired enough by 2700m; that's not bragging. I suspect I was swimming lazily, and not using the techniques learned last summer, which use different muscles and more breathing power. In any case, I was going pretty slowly.

Yoga tonight. I let my husband go to yoga yesterday morning instead of going myself. We are struggling to find time, both of us, for the things we want to do, because we often have to do them when the other is home with the kids. We're going to take turns on Sunday morning yoga.

Otherwise, this week looks like a usual week, hopefully much like last week. Here's hoping I keep up that Thursday morning swim. Despite swimming more slowly, I felt more comfortable in the water more quickly due to last Thursday's swim.

Instead of rest days, I'm trying to consider anything over 24 hours a bit of a rest, ie. running the long run on Saturday afternoon, and the previous work out being early Friday morning.

No comments: