Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 358: Long Run

Another long run this morning: 18.6km, or one hour and fifty minutes. Feeling good, except I find my lower legs start to ache and get hot as the run progresses. But overall, I feel strong, breathing easy (not exactly a fast pace). This week I hardly ran at all. I ran on Tuesday morning with my friend, N, and then the long run today. I wonder how much stronger and faster I'd get if I ran every single day for a couple of weeks.

I've been swimming and biking instead. Swimming for half an hour while my kids are at lessons, for two extra swims this week. Biking with the kids to swim lessons, only a couple of kilometres one way, but with the stroller attached, plus the weight of two kids, and the crazy heat we've been having, it feels like it actually counts.

Did not sign up for the Belwood Triathlon, which went today. On my long run, I thought, well, I probably could have done it just fine, because I felt good all run ... but my heart wasn't in it, and I never got properly prepared--bike wasn't tuned, we don't even have our own rack to carry the bike, etc., etc. It's been a busy week to say the least. Still have to make up my mind on one more triathlon this summer ... but I'm thinking probably not, and I'll just keep training for the running races instead.

No comments: