Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 363: Running

I've run more this week. I've enjoyed it, squeezing in a shorter run here or there, and managing to run nearly every day. Monday, I did yoga, then swimming in the evening. Tuesday started with a run (about 8km). Wednesday, another run (about 6km), and in the evening my last triathlon training swim class. We did another timed swim, to compare with the first day, and I dropped my time by a over a minute. Pleased! Best of all, the stroke enhancements were feeling very natural, and my stroke stayed consistent over the entire 500 metres (ie. my pace was consistent and did not fall off). So that was definitely worth it. I ran again yesterday evening, a short but fast run, probably about 5km, and got back in time to see my daughter's soccer game. I've been going to her games in my running gear, running on whatever paths or trails are nearby while the team warms up, then watching the game. I went for my long run this morning ... only a little over 15km, which seems short, but I couldn't take any more time for running. We had too much on our plate today. And then I swam a lane swim while the kids were at their last swim lessons. Hoping to get in at least one run on the weekend, maybe two. Even if they're short, they feel worthwhile.

No comments: