Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 340: Run

I love running. I got to run last Thursday at a beautiful park with loads of trails and grass and hills and trees. I only had half an hour to spare, between dropping my daughter off at her soccer game and picking up the little kids, so I ran as fast as I could. That seems to be my running plan, when working with limited time. I estimate that I ran about 6km in that half hour. It was pure joyous running, uphill and down, pushing against my edge. The next evening, I ran again, unfortunately right after supper which my stomach did not appreciate. I ran close to 7km in half an hour. Slightly less. I was really pushing my pace, but I didn't feel like I could have comfortably run much longer at that pace.

Then, the weekend. The holiday. Sitting on the beach. Packing and unpacking. Driving. Taking children to camp. Not running. Not swimming. Not anything.

This morning, I got up and ran, though not at a really early hour. 7am. I think that will be my summer plan--the 7am run rather than the 5am swim ... all depending on how much I like swim lessons, which start this evening. If I like swim lessons, and they seem to offer some exercise value, then I won't swim in the early mornings during the month of July. I'm going to try to fit in more evenings, and more running. Because there's going to be a whole lot less napping during the next two months.

I ran some interval sprints this morning--ten in total. Ran for forty minutes, not a hard run, just under 8km. I'm trying to run on grass as much as possible--on any surface other than cement sidewalk, really.

Last week: four runs, one bike ride, one yoga, one swim.

This week's plan: five runs (hopefully one long), one bike ride, two swims, one yoga.

No comments: