Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 368: Tired

More running on the weekend, as was the plan. We were camping at a family camp, so in addition, I swam in the pond, which was pretty small, but still allowed me to swim lengths on four different occasions. Two evenings, I also played soccer with a bunch of kids and a few other adults. I think the soccer was harder physically than anticipated. Stopping, starting, turning, sprinting. FUN! But for some reason, my legs felt really tired on my second early morning run at camp ...

I ran twice with my friend, a lovely road and beach combo run, probably about an 8 kilometre route, maybe a touch more. Yesterday, our first day home, I was so stiff (soccer??? was that you?) that I decided not to run in the morning, and instead to go to a 90-minute hot yoga class, which felt so good. I knew that I needed to stretch.

This morning, I dragged myself out of bed, not even that early, to run on my own. I went 5km at a not terrifically fast pace, feeling sluggish and weary. No swimming this afternoon, as originally planned. We're having two extra kids for a sleepover extravaganza, and I don't want to leave my husband home alone with six kids. Over the supper hour. Hope to get out swimming at the outdoor pool sometime this week.

I've been contemplating attempting the half-Ironman that's run nearby. There's still room to sign up. The swim isn't crazy, only 1.9km, which makes me think I can do it. But do I want to put myself through the experience? That is the question. Still, it does seem to be motivating to be signed up for events. I know I would have skipped this morning's run if I hadn't been thinking about the 25 km trail run in my not-so-distant future. It helps me to have those goals in mind.

Today I'm too tired to really think seriously about signing up for anything more.

4 comments:

Tricia Orchard said...

When and where is the race?

Carrie Snyder said...

Sept. 11, and it's in the Muskokas somewhere. Are you interested?

Tricia Orchard said...

Hello there,

I will be interested in doing it next summer, you know, after I've done some training! The only thing that I have kept up this summer is running, but not long enough to do a half-marathon in September!

Would you recommend that swim class that you took?

Have a great time at scotch club on Saturday. We arrive back in Waterloo at 6:00, but I suspect we won't be in the mood for a party. Not to mention we don't have a sitter!

Tricia

Carrie Snyder said...

I really enjoyed the swim class! I learned a lot. It's a good endurance work-out, too.

Sorry we won't see you at scotch club! Safe trip home!