Saturday, August 13, 2011

378: Too Long Run

I went too far today. The reason I know it was too far, is because I suffered for it afterward with stomach cramps, soaking sweats, and the feeling of being really and suddenly ill. Yuck. Which makes me glad I didn't sign up for any half-Ironman races this season! Next year, maybe, and I'll train hard to get there.

Meanwhile, I think the 25km trail run in six weeks will be enough for my system to handle. Today, I ran 25.5km in just under two and a half hours, which puts me at a pace of about 5 minutes, 45 seconds/kilometre. Not speedy, but it's not supposed to be either. I felt comfortable until about two hours on, when I started to feel not so great. My legs were really sore and tired. It was a struggle.

Maybe the marathon plan will just be too hard. Next long run, I'm definitely going shorter.

No comments: