Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day of no long run

Did not get my long run in today. My husband and I were so exhausted, we slept in until nearly 9. We spent yesterday on the soccer field watching our eldest daughter's soccer tournament, in which two games went into overtime, and one to penalty kicks. A loss meant automatic elimination. And our daughter is the team's goalie. It was agonizing. And exhilarating. (They won all three games).

Luckily, between the first and second games, we had about two hours to spare, so we came home to rest and relax, and I ran for an hour. I wanted to meet my goal of running 12km in an hour (ie. 5 min/km), and I came really close: 61 minutes, 20 seconds, for 12.2km. Yay! It was tough, but it felt great. I hope to start doing that run on a regular basis, so that 10km at an even faster clip will feel doable, and short.

I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Tricia Orchard said...

You can do it Carrie! For sure!

Hey, if you want to use our bike rack for spinning mornings, you are more than welcome. It is just going to sit in our shed for the winter and not be used at all. I have no idea how easy or hard it is to attach to the outside of your vehicle though. It is yours if you want to borrow it. Or, like Nath said, just lay the bike down in the back of your car.

Talk soon!

T