Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 192: Up Early

Just because one takes a spin class with triathletes does not make one a triathlete. Wow. This spin class might just be a good way to observe how not-fit I actually am, compared to, well, these other people with their shiny new tri-bikes and crazy unstoppable muscular drive. Luckily, though I felt sluggish and tired at the start of class, I felt stronger as I went along. This seems to be a theme. The further I get into an exercise session, the stronger I feel. I suspect it's mental more than physical. The word that kept popping into my head at the start was "doubt." That's not a good word to work-out to, thought I, so I dropped a few letters and changed the word to "do." You get to a quiet interior place while spinning your legs around and around to music in a room in an industrial mall. (That's a strange sentence to write.) I feel better for having gone, but I do find it hard work.

I'm planning to get to a 90-minute yoga class in a few hours, and I'm curious to see how quivery my muscles will be (a whole lot quivery, methinks). I'm pretty achy already. I could use a good long stretch.

For some reason, I woke before 5, and never got back to sleep (alarm set for 5:27), so I got up early. Still, having gone to bed early, I got 7 hours of sleep last night, and it was pretty solid sleep. A better night than the one before. My positive attitude has returned.

My youngest daughter is playing "naptime" right now ... might just have to join in.

No comments: