Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 208

I took Monday off entirely. It was Family Day here in Ontario, and I spent it at home with my family, doing a bunch of baking and cooking and mostly just relaxing. There was time to get out to yoga, or go for a run, but I chose not to. Tuesday was spin class, my fourth one, and next week is the last in the session, but I'll have to go alone, as my spinning partner isn't able to come. Yikes. I can go alone, right? Sure I can. I've already signed up for the session after that. I also have to swim alone this week, as my swimming partner is unable to come. But we're going to go on Monday to make up for it. I might switch my swims to Mondays, in order to run on Friday mornings; or I might simply add a Monday morning swim in addition to the Friday swim. I've been soliciting advice from friends about breathing techniques in the water, and it sounds like I should make an effort to breathe out of alternate sides, every three strokes. So I will have to try while I'm still learning and setting out patterns.

I ran yesterday morning, adding an extra lap alone; about 7.5km. Now there's a break till this afternoon's 90-minute yoga. Tomorrow will be swimming, but that's it. I plan to do a long run on Saturday, and yoga on Sunday, possibly with an additional shorter run.

I think it's time to sign up for some races ... the one I want to do conflicts with my husband's work schedule. I would like to sign up for something earlier rather than later in the season, lest I lose momentum.

1 comment:

Tricia Orchard said...

I meant to comment yesterday You will be fine on your own - just don't strike up a conversation with anyone while class is in session or the others may be mad? ;)

Believe me, I wish I was going. By then Jeff will have been away for 5 days. I think I will need the exercise!

I am glad that we are both signing up again.