Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 284: Skipped

I skipped one planned outing today: I swam like usual, and ran afterward like usual, even sticking to the 5-min/km pace, though my legs were tired and my stomach was growling. But I did not race out the door to yoga as soon as my husband got home, which had been my plan. Instead, I looked at the delicious food I'd worked hard to prepare and was setting on the table, and thought about all of us gathering together to eat it, and I was hungry and I wanted to hang out with my family and not be doing something by myself.

So I stayed. We ate, we talked, and after supper, the kids and I relaxed and watched The Amazing Race. It wasn't a day off, exactly, but it felt good.

And, now, to bed, to sleep, because the alarm will ring early and I'll be off on my bicycle to meet friends for a ride. I still need to learn how to change a tire, but I'm hoping to learn it the easy way and not the hard way, ie. in my driveway and only for practice purposes, and not out of necessity on the road or, perish the thought, during a race.

No comments: