Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 326: The day after

Okay, I've written enough already about the race (even got to write about it twice, when the post I'd written for chatelaine.com yesterday got lost in the ether; and in my zonked post-race state I had neglected to save a copy).

So ... here's a link to the chatelaine piece.

And here are more photos on my main blog.

Splits on the sidebar to your right.

Suffice it to say: I did it! And in under three hours, which was my goal.

:::

So ... last week's training (including the race; I guess that counts!): four runs; two bike rides (71 km total!); three swims (including one crazy lake swim); and two yogas (one class; and once on my own, outside in our yard, on Saturday afternoon).

This week: I am taking today off. But plan to bike tomorrow like usual. So, here's the tentative plan: one bike ride, three/four runs, one swim, one yoga class.

Starting in July, I've signed up for a twice-weekly swim class for triathletes, and a twice-weekly muscle-strengthening boot camp, so my training might look a bit different over the summer. Still hoping to manage some early mornings, even with the kids home from school (and therefore less naptime!). I am considering signing up for a triathlon at the end of July (shorter, so it will seem easy by comparison!). And will keep training toward the trail run in October. Can't seem to shake the training, frankly. Or the desire to test myself out in races.

The day after feels a lot like the rest of these days, come to think of it. A bit of muscle ache, a little bit tired, and ready to keep on keeping on.

2 comments:

Tricia Orchard said...

Awesome about the swim classes! Where? When? How did you hear about it?

That is something I would love to try - but not this summer. We are away too much.

Can't wait to hear about them.

Hey, I didn't know that trick about the wetsuit. You will have to show me!

T

Carrie Snyder said...

I still don't quite get the wetsuit trick--apparently you start inside out and pull it on. She did it, but it was too late for me because I'd already put it on the other way. Apparently there's less need to pull it into position that way.

The tri-lessons are through the regular swim lessons at the city of Waterloo (for adults, obviously). They're held at Moses Springer, 5:15-6:30pm, I think, M/W, just for July. Wish you could join! I'll let you know how helpful they are.