Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 330: Well, dear old blog

I'm wondering how long I will continue to update this blog.

I'm still training. This week looked pretty much like last week. But without a goal in sight, I'm feeling less of a sense of progress, or urgency.

In the pool this morning, I was damn near catatonic. I could hardly get myself back and forth, though I do think I've discovered a new way to move my arms that brings more force to my stroke. But it's also harder to do, takes more energy. I'm low on energy.

Yesterday, I napped on the couch after supper even though I hadn't done any exercise all day. I'd even had a massage! Tuesday, I napped in the morning after my bike ride/run, and then fell asleep again around 3:30, with two kids home (we put in a movie; I could tell I was crashing). The big kids got home from school. I made snack suggestions prone on the couch with my eyes closed. My husband arrived home from work early, so I could go to yoga. I did not go to yoga.

Is this a normal level of post-race tired? I've had two days off this week--nothing on Monday, nothing on Thursday. Nothing tomorrow either, due to my husband working this weekend. Three early mornings, but that's actually a light week. Who knows.

Anyway, thinking about signing up for more races. Thinking about maintaining my fitness level, rather than attempting to bump it even higher. Thinking about how much I like racing. Thinking about fitting it in with my family's activities. Thinking about how to run faster and faster (can't help myself, it's just so fun).

No comments: