Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 333: Marathon?

I got up and swam and ran this morning. My energy level seemed back to normal, which was a relief after Friday's slog in the pool. I didn't keep track of my laps for the first 35 minutes, then started to count. Not sure why. Guess my brain needed something to do. That might be my last pool swim before I start swim lessons a week from today; the pool will be closed Friday for Canada Day. In my dreams, we get to Guelph Lake on Wednesday and swim there (unfortunately, we'd only get to do that if my husband's hamstring is still too injured to play soccer that night).

I ran afterward, going up to 4km. I tried to go fast, but it wasn't that fast. I ran 4km in about 19 minutes. Eh. In the newspaper today, there were several articles about running marathons. If I'm going to try a fall marathon, I need to start training for that now. I do have the 25km trail run to train for, too. I hope my legs hold up (injury-wise) so I can sustain some good training time.

Meantime, I'll keep up the cross-training, but I should be logging more running hours.

Last week: three runs (two quite short); one bike ride; one swim; and no yoga classes! I was just conked on the day we'd made room for yoga. I napped instead.

This week: two swims (I hope!); one bike ride; four runs (one long, if possible); one yoga class. Not super-ambitious, but hopefully enough to maintain my fitness level as we ease into summer, and I figure out exactly how little time I'm going to have to myself. No nap today, for instance. Nursery school is over for the school year, and the three-year-old wanted lots of company and attention.

No comments: