Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 14: Post-Yoga

Quick note on tonight's 90 minute yoga class, which was downright brutal. I wasn't sure I could stick it out through shavasana. I had to rest for a large portion of the second half, due to extremely uncomfortable tingling and woozy sensations, and plain and simple exhaustion. I think the hour run plus the hour and a half heated work-out was just too much for my body, this early in training. But it was humbling, and humbling is good. It also didn't deter me from wanting to continue. I need to figure out how to better feed and fuel my body. It felt like I ran out of gas halfway through the class. I haven't had supper yet (it's 9pm) and usually don't eat more than a banana before going to the 6pm class. But I also didn't eat enough throughout the day, and wonder whether I should use lunchtime as my main meal, and stock up on calories then.

Tomorrow, I'm doing something I never thought I would do: I'm going to an outdoor pool at 7am to swim with a friend for an hour. Yowza but I loathe cold water. I really can't believe I'm going to do it. I hope the peer pressure will force me to do it. We're going to meet and bike over. I'll get to sleep in a little bit later than this morning, and will get home later, too. My friend is a very very good swimmer, and says she can give me tips on how to improve my stroke. Apparently, I should wear goggles for starters. Will report back later.

Am wondering whether it's a good idea to run every day, or whether I should be alternating days.

No comments: