Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 21: Aches

Made it 9k this morning, and even managed to meet my friend partway (the timing worked perfectly, which means we very nearly missed each other). I ran for a few minutes shy of an hour. My calves are aching more than usual, which might be a good thing since I'm trying to run on my toes and not hurt my knees; however, my knees were both hurting by the end. And when I finished the run and walked through the door feeling amazing (best feeling ever), that lasted about a minute, and then the muscles between my shoulder blades started yelling. My guess, after consulting my kin husband, is that the back muscles used in swimming are fairly similar to those used in running--or similar enough that a couple of longish swims combined with a longish run equals some serious aches.

This just means that I need to get to yoga class tonight. Have not decided whether to take the longer class or the shorter one, which starts later and gets me to bed a little on the late side. Meantime, I've eaten a banana with peanut butter and plan to eat well at lunch, too. Oh, and a short nap. My kids love when I nap. We call it "quiet time," and it translates as "video games and television."

No comments: