Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 2: Questions

I don't like gear. Will this be a problem? I am not that interested in which shoes work best for triathletes, which spandex outfits, which bicycles. I am currently riding my husband's old mountain bike hooked up to our bike stroller, pulling two kids behind.

I am wondering where to practice biking. I would need to know how to bike on the road, right? I am concerned about safety. Will I end up biking indoors, at a gym? I prefer the outdoors. I love cycling off-road, on trails.

I should look into triathlons. I know there are many of different lengths and distances and perhaps even styles--off-road, for example? I should find one to aim toward.

Should I try running shorter races before then?

Should I check books out from the library before we head off on holiday? How will I start training at the cottage? I am afraid of dogs when running rurally.

Feeding and fuelling my body. I already find that it's a difficult equilibrium to find while doing hot yoga. Have I eaten enough? Too much, too close to exercising? Not enough, or too long before exercising? Am I hydrated? Too hydrated and need to pee? I can't imagine myself becoming interested in things like fake foods, bars, etc., to nourish myself. I am a pretty simple person. I like to eat food. Homemade, local, simple food.

My husband wonders whether I will stop having a beer with him at night. I hope not. But one never knows. I would like to stay balanced. Is it possible to train at a higher level, with greater expectations, and stay balanced in terms of eating, social life, parenting, writing? I also don't want to spend much money on this. I want to use what I've already got, and get better.

No comments: