Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 25: Beautiful Day

It is a beautiful summer's day. Though I didn't much feel like doing it, I went for a run when I woke up. My husband set the kitchen timer because I said I'd be gone for an hour, no more, and he should come looking for me if I wasn't home by then. Today was the first that I've listened to music, and it helped. There were a few moments, when climbing a hill, that I felt too tired to go on, but the second half of the run was smoother than the first, as if I'd become accustomed to the sound of my breath, and to my pace, and I felt stronger at the end than at the beginning. I ran 10k and included hills and ran often in grass.

There's more that I'd like to write about, but my kids are just now home from an afternoon outing (I've been canning tomatoes all this hot day, while my husband took the kids out).

No comments: