Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day of fatigue

So ... I did run last night, in addition to the morning swim. I ran 7.4km because 6 just seemed so short (I should be thankful for my slow runs with my friend once a week because apparently, left to its own devices, my brain will not allow me to run short and slow; I always push as hard as I'm able, which means none of my long runs come in anywhere near the time suggested in the Running Room guide ... I run them at race pace. I'm not sure that's wise, or what the thinking/science behind the long slow run, but perhaps I should find that out and if it's important, force myself to run slower. And I can't run short and slow either.) Anyway, for my easy run last night, I ran hard, clocking in at just over 5 minutes/km (which is still pretty fast for me. I don't seem to be getting faster, not yet, who knows, maybe that's my edge.)

And then I got up this morning for spin class. My legs felt fatigued throughout class. But I tried! I showed up and tried, and that counts for something.

I'm glad to have no exercise scheduled until tomorrow morning. Phew. Now I just have to get through the rest of my day and the many things that are scheduled that have nothing to do with running faster, but many of which require a lot of mental energy and work, too. I can't leave it all on the floor in spin class because I have to take some home with me. My day is just beginning.

No comments: