Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day of Toad: Results!!

Update, after checking chiptime results.

My gun time was 2:19:24, but my chip time was actually 2:18:05!!!!, with an average pace of 5:32/km (I'd hoped to attempt 5:40, so that makes me super-happy!). That made me the 32nd woman across the line (though weirdly, my time was faster than two women who crossed the line in front of me, but they counted them first; I guess they go by gun time rather than chip time; let's just say I had the 30th fastest time among the 480 women in the race). Anyway, they have me listed as 141st of all 840 finishers (men and women and all ages included). Again, I'm behind some people with slower chip times--including the guy in blue who beat me to the line; his chip time was actually slower than mine!). In fact, I must not have started as close to the front as I thought, because when I look at these chip times, mine is better than six of the people who crossed the line in front of me. Which would put me as 135th overall instead and 12th in my age group (they've got me as 13th of 117 women in the category 30-39). Okay, need to start closer to the front next time, obviously! And wow! I'm pretty chuffed! And totally looking forward to next year (except I'm tempted to train for the 50km next year ....)

No comments: