Monday, October 17, 2011

Day of on with it

Have to replace that last post, which was so down and out. Because Friday turned out pretty awesome, with a great evening run. It was blustery cold and wet, but I ran joyfully for 50 minutes, not pushing it, and not trying to best myself or anyone else, just running. I found some strange trails and figured out places where I could run during my daughter's soccer practice when it gets dark (which is almost now) and snowy (soon to come, and I plan to run outdoors no matter the weather).

No official exercise on Saturday, but I moved a bunch of furniture and cleaned the house, and had eight kids overnight. So that felt like plenty.

Yesterday afternoon, I got to run on my favourite trails, which were covered in leaves and wet, but still a ton of fun. I love getting to use my daughter's soccer time for my own runs. It seems to make sense in terms of the time it would be taking to drive back and forth and saves us that extra trip. I ran for 70 minutes yesterday, and ran faster than on Friday. It was pure fun, pure fun.

Today, I was back in the pool after a small hiatus last week, and made it 2500m. I wasn't feeling too peppy by the end, but had enough gas to make it that far. A pleasure and a good way to start the new week. I'm looking forward to spin class tomorrow morning. Yikes! Back on the bike ...

And I realized yesterday that I have an extra week to train for the marathon (I'm terrible at math, have I mentioned that?) Which makes me very happy. A little less than three weeks to go, now, and I feel comfortable adding some more miles this week with that extra time in mind.

1 comment:

Tricia Orchard said...

Funny you mentioned the extra week. When you made a comment last post (or a few back) about your time-line it seemed even short to me. Glad that there is an extra week in there for you!

See you soon,
Tricia