Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 34: Morning Slog

More hills in the run this morning, and though I recovered my breath, after the fourth and longest hill, I noticed my energy was significantly drained. Music got me through, and toward the end, when even music couldn't distract me from my body's weariness, I got myself through by repeating, "Disappeared," over and over again. That probably sounds weird. I needed to get my mind to disappear, to stop noticing my physical distress. I am worried about the race. I only ran 8k today, and it felt so tough, and I didn't even have the added mental pressure of being surrounded by other people running faster than me.

Plan to run early and slow tomorrow morning, then not run again till Thursday evening, race-time. Will try to swim or do a yoga class in between instead.

No comments: