Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 43: Good Start, But ...

So, it was a good start to the week, exercise-wise. I rose early on Monday for yoga, then again early yesterday to run with a friend (and if she hadn't  been coming to my door, there is no way I would have gotten up). I always feel terrific after a run. And I felt great on the run too (approximately 8km). Last night I went to a concert where we chanted in Sanskirt for much of the evening. But that doesn't count as exercise; and we got home around 1am, which meant no early rising for me. Sometimes, my focus has to be on surviving rather than improving. But if I'd made it to bed earlier, I would have tried for the early morning yoga class because tonight I will be at my kids' meet-the-teacher night, nowhere near the 90-minute hot yoga class of my plans. Friends are coming over for supper tomorrow, so unless I can get up early tomorrow morning (unlikely, given that it's my girls' night out and I really want to go; again, the question of balance arises--friends or exercise? Um. The choice is obvious to me. Friends!!!!), there will be no exercising tomorrow either. Therefore, rising early on Friday morning is a necessity. Friday evening my mother-in-law is arriving; plus, we pick up food from a local buying club, and the kids have skating after school. So ... Friday evening will never be a good exercise evening. Plus, I don't know about you, but by Friday evening my body is usually this close to complete shut-down. 

Thinking out loud here, but it looks like an early morning yoga class on Friday, and a run on Saturday morning will be in order. Or the other way around. I am considering treating Sunday as a day of rest, not just from the exercise program, but from all of my more major duties--cooking, canning, baking, cleaning. This is starting to feel imperative for my general sanity and lifestyle: one day every week to spend with my family, not doing much of anything.

No comments: