Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 230: Sailing

It's been a reasonable training week here, despite March break interruptions. In fact, March break has afforded me some leeway in my schedule, which has been really welcome. When I had to miss my early Wed. run, I ran Thursday morning instead, making up the mileage. Same with my usual Tuesday yoga class--couldn't make it, so I went to Wed. afternoon yoga instead. Neither of those last-minute schedule changes could happen in the ordinary scheme of things, with kids' music lessons and soccer (and soon-to-be swimming). I've enjoyed the relaxed pace. It's made the training feel lighter, although I haven't lightened up too much.

I did miss my Monday morning swim. But I swam this morning for an hour, again experiencing the early feelings of oh my goodness this is hard and why the heck did I think I liked doing this, remind me again, please? I thought I'd make it half an hour and go home. But then the joy kicked in and the ease, and the second half hour was: yo, I know how to swim! The pool was crowded because we went an hour later than usual (again, thanks to March break). That brought with it some frustrations and I had to switch lanes, but I finally landed on a lane in which four of us were going approximately the same speed. It was motivating to have people ahead of and behind me, too.

I am planning a long run tomorrow, but fiddling with my route. I've got some gummies to try on the run, and also plan to hydrate before leaving. If that means stopping in at home for a bathroom break, so be it. I'll probably be running for about 2 hours ... early, I hope.

No comments: