Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 241: Day of Rest

Today I woke up and decided to do ... nothing. It's been liberating. I am already looking forward to tomorrow's swim/run combo in the early morning. The day of rest is not even over, but I feel, yes, rested, refreshed, ready for a new week.

This week's work-outs: three runs, two swims, one spin, two yoga classes. Way down on the yoga classes, which is a pity that I can't figure out how to rectify. My husband and I will be getting together tonight to do our weekly scheduling, and we need to find placement for yoga classes. Our eldest daughter is starting her rep soccer season (practices only), and swim lessons for all the kids start tomorrow, and with music, and the indoor soccer season still going on, not to mention my husband's sports, too, and only one vehicle ... well, suffice it to say it takes a scheduling sleight of hand to discover two consecutive spare hours in the day to throw at a yoga class. I miss it, and my body misses it, too. But I'm grateful for a good week, and for ending with a strong swim, and a good run yesterday. The long run feels like a necessary part of my weekly routine, now. I *love* it. There's no other way to put it. I love running and running and running. I don't listen to music, and so far I've gone alone, but I don't get bored. My mind is free to rest and to drift.

This week I ran approximately 24km total ... less, but that's okay. At least I got out in the snow.

Next week's planned work-outs: three runs, two swims, one spin, two yoga classes (I hope, I hope, and I wish it could be more, three at minimum).

No comments: