Sunday, March 20, 2011

Still Day 232: I SIGNED UP!!!!

I signed up!

Deep breath.

As mentioned early, I am signed up for a half-marathon, April 9 (the Marden marathon).

Today, I added three more races to this year's plan.

I've signed up for the 10km Mudpuppy Run in Kitchener, May 1.

And I've signed up for the sprint triathlon at Guelph Lake, June 18. (I debated on this one, and strongly considered signing up for the Olympic-length triathlon, but decided to play it safe for my first triathlon attempt. It's the swim that intimidates me. 750m swim, 20km bike ride, 5km run. If all goes well, and I feel inspired, I will attempt the Olympic-length later in the summer. But I'm not signing up yet.

Finally, I've signed up for the Run for the Toad, a 25km trail run, October 1.

I feel excited, if a bit nervous. Anyone want to join me?

2 comments:

Tricia Orchard said...

How exciting! Okay, what could I do with you?

I am going to consider the Mudpuppy run and the Toad. I was just talking to Jeff last week about me signing up again, but we both wondered if that might be too big a goal for me this year, given that my foot is still not 100% better! I would LOVE to do that race again...I will think about it.

The triathlon - I still need to get a bathing suit if you can believe it! Nothing in my size that was just plain black or plain blue. What a pain! I would need to get in some swimming before considering a tri. Plus, if I do the tri then you would not be able to use my bike (must dig that out ASAP for you).

Talk soon,
T

Am I the only one who comments?!

Carrie Snyder said...

You may be the only one reading!! :)

I'll need to get some shoes that clip in for the bike, right? I will look into that. I'm contemplating getting a better bike, too, but have to figure out what I can afford ....

See you Tuesday!