Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 264: Post-Half Hangover

Not sure whether it should have taken a week and a bit to set in, but I'm feeling a touch of post-race hangover. Last week, I was bubbling with energy, and this week, I feel just plain old tired. I'm able to keep doing everything, and haven't slowed down (yet), but my energy levels are not as happy and high.

This morning, I found it difficult to get myself in the right head space for spin class. I just didn't want to try that hard. But of course, the further along I got into the class, the more I forgot about everything else and just went with it. That's one of the cool things about exercising hard--it takes you to a different place, a stripped down place. By the end, I actually felt like I could have kept going. Always imagine yourself doing one more minute, one more step, one more movement (that's what my friend K, kundalini instructor extraordinaire, tells us). Just imagine one more. Not ten, not a hundred, definitely not a million. One is possible. It's doable.

So I imagined, this morning, having to do one more set. And I imagined, yesterday, having to do one more kilometre. One day at a time. As they say.

Momentarily, I'm heading to yoga class to stretch in the heat. I am also feeling achy and need to be stretching more regularly. Developing another shoulder ache and looking forward to the chiro appointment on Thursday.
::::

In other news, I will soon have some news to announce, but I'm keeping it under my hat just for now. Next week!

2 comments:

Tricia Orchard said...

Oh la la! Can't wait to hear what the news is. I am intrigued and wondering what it could be since you are mentioning it on this blog and not your other (unless you will mention it there too).

See you soon,
T

Carrie Snyder said...

I'll post over on the main blog next week, likely, but it is news related to this one. You'll like it, I think!